CLOSED: What government policies could improve the news and information media?

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

Creative ideas are needed. Please tell us what could be done to improve information and news in this digital era.

Join the Discussion ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. The FCC should require directory-level and file level tagging of content like is already recognized internationally for the robots.txt.

All [sic] "Internet" is already a radio broadcast if made accessible to the unauthenticated and is illegal per 18 U.S.C. §1464. Browsers should be required to access only content tagged as suitable for the authenticated user. See facebook.com/robots.txt to see this done already. Browser histories should not be deletable for 30 days.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Improving the Media  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Improving the Media  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ending Discrimination in Employment

We should fight to end discrimination in employment, especially on the basis of local origin and disability.

I was born and raised in the St. Louis area, and was trained for the broadcast business at St. Louis Community College at Florissant Valley. I worked exclusively in St. Louis from 1992 until 2009. During my searches for broadcast employment, I ran into resistance from corporate owners because of my origin. I do not like the policies corporate owners have against air talent that was born, raised and trained for the business in which a certain station is located in; in other…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Right to self-defense in the media

Require media outlets to provide all those criticized the opportunity to request time to defend their character, reputation, or ideas - in the same medium at a prime time hour - and be given adequate time to make their case. In other words, make it possible to counter bad speech and ideas with good speech and ideas - and let the audience have access to a wider range of debate. Once they hear the whole case pro and con one trusts they will be able to be more discerning about true and false information and bad and good arguments.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unbias News, No Ratings for News and Break up of media conglomrates

The news stations that cater toward a certian audience like Fox and CNN should at the begining of the programs tell the viewes that their information is for the audience. There should also be stations that report the news straight up with no slants, no ratings so they won't having to worry about enteraining anyone. Also these media conglomrates owning all the media makes only let a few voices heard and their information in some way protects or uplifts the company they own. There should be a group that regulates news that comes off as objective and check the sources…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make public who determines if a new event/item can break in/interrupt a broadcast.

Make public who determines if a new event/item can break in or interrupt a broadcast.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

CLOSED: What government policies could improve the news and information media?

Feedback and Knowledge Base