Tell us about your community ...

Birmingham, MI

Require diversity in content. In Birmingham MI the only cable provider (Comcast) does not make Free Speech TV or Link TV available, at any price. Other programming is bundled into increasingly expensive tiers of service. DSL is too slow to be functional at my location, and this cable provider effectively censors TV content, but does provide functional broadband service. SUGGESTION: 1. Require every carrier to meet diversity requirements in availability of content; 2. Specify the minimum content for basic service, and verify that diversity (some packages offer FOX news for instance, but not CNN or MSNBC); 3. Mandate a la carte programming options, so users can choose what they're paying for.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael J McGillivray shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael J McGillivray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe some would like all sports, others all news, others all movie channels--or whatever mix might appeal to any given household. Personally, I'd rather not pay anything whatsoever for sports programming, whereas that's no doubt a minority attitude and sports would continue to do just fine without my share of the bill going for that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base