Tell us about your community ...

Shoshoni, WY

Media in Wyoming is a joke, pure and simple. The local papers in the Shoshoni area are nothing but mouthpieces for the Republican Party, the Chamber of Commerce, and the welfare ranchers.

TV is as bad or worse. ABC and NBC, which are the only corporate outlets providing local "news" are as bad or worse than printed media. The bobble headed Ken and Barbie (or Barbie and Barbie) dashboard-doll-like trainee newsreaders stumble through free publicity for Chamber types or ranchers, show clips of lying right-wing politicians pretending to give a damn about working people (while serving the wealthy), show misleading and untrue "public service" clips on drug addiction and treatment, or blather on about "homeland" security in a attempt to scare people in a state that is totally unlikely to be a terrorist target.

In short, I rarely watch or read media in Wyoming, and when I do, I find myself sending management an email telling them how disgusted I am with their biased offerings. That includes the PBS/NPR consortium that tells the same stories, but in a sleepwalking sort of way that apparently satisfies their wealthy supporters: rich people, corporations, and foundations. Then, what can you expect from a state of ignorance, where state agencies join the Chamber of Commerce? It's also a state where uncompensated state legislator brag about being part of a "citizen legislature", which means one thing: the only ones who can afford to be members are those who are self-employed -- doctors, ranchers, lawyers, and other business owners -- the masters in the master-servant relationship we call work. Simply disgusting.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Harvey Reading shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base