CLOSED: Media In Your Community

The reboot.fcc.gov project has ended. All related public feedback forums have been closed.*

Tell us about your community and its media. Do you have a newspaper? Local TV news stations? Great websites? Anything else? What works well? What works poorly? How have things changed over time? What information do you wish you could get but can’t?

Please list the City and State you’re telling us about as the title of your idea.

Tell us about your community ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Oak Hill, TX

Keep companies that have a WiFi monopoly in my area honest.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. FRAMINGHAM

I'd like to propose what is presented in this white house petition: To allow public, educational and government access channels to publish their program listings for on screen guides: http://wh.gov/piIU

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. CHICAGO ILLINOIS

CREATIVE ACCOUNTING ON COMCASTS PART. I have a letter in writing that states my "bundle" should be $114.99. I was being billed $119.99. After spending many hours on the phone with them the situation is not resolved. I am trying to get a different provider but am told that Comcast has a lock on the City of Chicago? Why don't I have the freedom to use a different provider?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. jamaica portmore

big sound box

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. el cerrito california

unsolicited wireless transmissions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The state of Florida

Florida has a serious issue with law enforcement conducting illegal sting operations all over the state and have been doing so for some time. The problem is that law enforcement is lying to the media about how they are conducting these operations, but the media will not report the truth. These news agencies that will not report the truth should be looked into. This is a serious problem. According to the FCC, it is illegal for the media to report unfair, biased and distorted stories. That is exactly what is going on all over the state of Florida. If someone…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Medford, Oregon

To help reduce the credit-phone or other ROBO calls, I use a boat air-horn (compressed can of air) when the real person starts talking!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bernards Township, NJ

As a consumer, I am tired of becoming a victim of the battleground between cable TV companies and the owners of various stations. In our area, Cablevision is battling Tribune over paying for rebroadcasting. As a result, large numbers of consumers have had a local station (WPIX) blacked out. I feel that local stations should be on a mandatory broadcast list that cannot be removed from the air. Unfortunately, WPIX is the New York CW network, so we will not be receiving their popular, youth-oriented programming, not to mention their news, sports, etc. This has to stop, cable TV is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. northern lancaster pa

BLUE RIDGE COMMUNICATIONS IS MY ONLY OPTION FOR CABLE TELEVISION SERVICE DUE TO PAYING ROYALTY FEES TO THE LOCAL GOVERMENTAL AUTHORITIES FOR HAVING THIS EXCLUSIVITY OF SERVICES. iF I HAD A CHOICE TO AT LEAST BE ABLE TO SHOP FOR SERVICES I KNOW THAT I WOULD BE ABLE TO RECEIVE BETTER CABLE AND INTERNET SERVICE FOR A MORE COMPETITIVE PRICE. HOW DID WE GET STUCK WITH THIS ARRANGEMENT?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Lehigh Valley, PA

We have Service Electric Cable TV and Communications as our ONLY internet provider at our business location. First of all how is that possible??? Second, today, the ENTIRE company was shut down due to the funeral of the owner. How is that possible?? What gives them the right to be the only internet provider? How do they get away with closing an entire company?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Redding, CA

Dear Sirs,

My name is Ken Swanson. I am a board member of the Shasta County Fire Safe Council. I conduct a CTR (Construction Talk Radio) Show on Internet radio. I held the same format on local radio before the recession. I have found this to be a sustainable way to disseminate information to the general public and offer a platform for all First Responders and officials to use as a resource for disaster awareness. The radio show is a volunteer effort designed to network all entities engaged in preparedness. If we all take advantage of this live open dialog,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. San Francisco, CA

We need to get the Rush Limbaugh show off the air, or at least into "Safe Harbor". Clear Channel is filing the Rush Limbaugh show with local ads where the advertisers don't even know what his content is.
    After insulting Sandra Fluke he called Alexandra Petri from the Washington Post a bitch. He called the women from the National Organization for Womens NAGS or as he said National Associtation of Gals.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bakersville, N.C.

We have been told that cell phone numbers will be released to companies and also told that this is false. What is the truth?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BEAUFORT, SC

REQUEST THE LICENSE FOR FM 100.1 BE RENEWED. 100.1 PLAY GOSPEL MUSIC FOR SC & GA. SC IS POPULATED BY THOUSANDS OF SENIORS WHO RELY OF GOSPEL MUSIC TO MAKE IT FROM DAY TO DAY. JOY 100.1 IS THE ONLY GOSPEL MUSIC STATION IN BEAUFORT, SC. THANK YOU.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. lindenhurst, ny

Has anyone ever heard of a company called Satellite Live TV Stream. They claim that if you download their software(all that is needed) you can watch 3500 hd channels from your lap or desktop and not pay cable bills. I cannot find any thing about them from the bbb in new york.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. lewisham

there is no local lewisham cinemas or swimming clubs and it would be nice to have a cinema or swimming in the local area.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Frederick County, MD - WFMD 930AM (Aloha Station Trust, LLC) Public News Radio

Something isn't right in Frederick County, Maryland. 930WMD and Aloha Stations Trust, LLC have gone too far with their political practices on Public Interest Radio. We need the FCC to look into it.

Frederick County, Maryland is a small but growing rural community situated 50 miles from our nation's capitol, Washington, DC. It is a community with a strong dedication to its people, farming and conservative values. By virtue of location Frederick County is also a growing community, welcoming cultural diversity, art, science and business both large and small. We have a local paper that folks have depended upon for…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Houston TExas

Houston wants TEJANO back on the FM Dial!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

CLOSED: Media In Your Community

Feedback and Knowledge Base