Join the Discussion...

they should stop whitewashing with tabloid fodder (Corona, Queens NY)

My point is that their really isn't news on the news anymore. The majority of the time, its full of tabloid fodder and if they finally do have news its biased. We need something that gives us the facts and breaks it down in a way that we can understand what is going on. A lot of the times news reporters will use all this lingo as if the normal person would understand. This confuses people and makes them not want to watch. It's not dumbing down if you actually speak in English!

21 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    sairasaira shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MRMR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see the over-the-air networks return to a real news show format, similar to what PBS does with the Nightly News. Devote an hour to true news - not "news and entertainment" - and go into much more depth about things that really matter and affect all of our lives. Frankly I don't care what flavor of meat Lady Gaga has chosen to wear to the most recent awards ceremony. I despise shows that intermingle un-news like this with true news stories. I'm an educator, and students quite often have a difficult time discerning the difference when it's all jumbled together, as Saira says.

• Ndey Fatou NjieNdey Fatou Njie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree that they focus too much on rumors about celebrities and what is going on in their lives instead of giving out news which is of relevance in our life and society; like news about the economy, politics, the environment etc. People seem to know more about celebrities than what is going on around the world and that needs to stop.

• Ndey Fatou NjieNdey Fatou Njie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree that they focus too much on rumors about celebrities and what is going on in their lives instead of giving out news which is of relevance in our life and society; like news about the economy, politics, the environment etc. People seem to know more about celebrities than what is going on around the world and that needs to stop.

Feedback and Knowledge Base