Join the Discussion...

FCC would regulate that with which it did not agree.

The idea of the government controlling news and information delivery, or policy making to change the nature of the information reminds me of what propogandist Dr. Goebels did in Nazi germany. This control will never fly with the American People. Unconstitutional.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    mysundance2000mysundance2000 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although I do not believe our news in this country to be as controlled as that of the Nazi Germany media coverage. I do believe it is far too liberal with the news it tells and must be evened out to better support both political parties.

• Diana PinedaDiana Pineda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that the government is controlling the media, is kinda scary to me. We believe everything the government has to say, which i don't see how we do if the government is always keeping secrets. If they have a restrict place like "area 51", I highly doubt they tell us everything that is truly going on. For all we know, they can be opening black holes, communicating with aliens, doing some crazy things in the universe, or anything else that can put the earth in risk and I pretty sure they are not going to tell us. I think this does violate our rights has citizens of the United States because we have the right to know what is going on just like they have the right to know what we do. I don't find it okay that only because they are the government they can keep things from us.

• MataMata commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FCC regulating the media on what and how to broadcast plays a major role. For example children under certain age are not allowed to watch certain kind of programs which is for the most part acceptable. But the main question is, do we know all what FCC is not allowing us to see? How relevant would that information be to us? Not only do we have the right to know but also to participate.

• Ndey Fatou NjieNdey Fatou Njie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that these people can decide what could be said on TV is a violation of of freedom of speech, which is against the ideals of this great nation. And if they argue that it is for the safe of the children or to decrease the violents of today's society, Well then how come they don't have a say about the violents video games coming out monthly to children who claim to be mature since it is rated mature? Isn't this hypocracy???

• MariaMaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The government should not have complete control of the media. There should be limits and regulations set up to protect what is being reported so there is no chaos. If something is being reported there should be back up to support their findings. Media should be informative and not make believe.

• JonathanJonathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a whole you cannot fairly regulate something you do not agree with. But if they were to legalize and control an outlet that is currently prohibited by use of a smaller subdivision or committee that does agree with it and has the freedom to regulate as the group sees fit within a public view of "fairness". I think it would be okay. Unless your point is that they regulate anything they see as subversive in attempt to control or discourage its use, which of course is wrong. By regulate I mean like medicine or alcohol production. Just to keep things honest and physically safe. (Control slander, foil attempts at global mind control with radio waves, etc)

• ChristinaChristina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the FCC regulated that with which it did not agree, that would not only be unconstitutional, but one sided. For example, if media companies were told that they could not delivery the headline news and information about money that was being embezzled by one of the commissioner's of the FCC. They may want try to keep this information "in house" because they do not want the attention from the media, maybe the accused is a close friend and they don't want to exploit this person, or just because for personal reasons do not agree that this should be public information.

Feedback and Knowledge Base