Join the Discussion ...

LO, OR Require broadcasters to share more of the digital spectrum for true, honest public discourse

The MainstreamMedia has failed the American Public. Currently, it is very, very difficult for the average citizen to get at the truth on the issues, as all of the media are owned by corporations that may have (or answer to) special interests. None of the corporate-owned newsmedia outlets provide consistent, accurate, substantive information. Citizens United V. FEC greatly exacerbates this reality. Broadcasters are the finacial benefators of all the new politcal ads (accurate or not), that are about to saturate our airwaves. We (i,e, YOU) need to restore the people's ability to both receive and give accurate information, - which is -- and will continue to be dwarfed by powerful special interests that have the money to dominate our airwaves. The Digital Spectrum is a PUBLIC resource - please ensure it is used for the public good. The electorate is not informed on the issues - develop some standards that mandate both sides of the story are heard and get equal time. I don't want to have to surf various websites on the internet to try to glean some substance on the issues. I want to be able to watch it on my TV or hear it on my radio!! But currently, save PBS & NPR - there is nothing on it that provides substance. Either make the Newsmedia act like newsmedia or turn over the digitial spectrum back to the people. We need a platform for our Democracy. Be a real American hero. Help David defeat Goliath ...

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    barryandjenny@comcast.netbarryandjenny@comcast.net shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is the very axiom of the current problems in democracy and it's mediums. half truths that mislead us to a wrong conclusion. continuing on, the truth is squashed in a law of
        controled thinking that benefits a small group of ideas and customs that are based on facts that are false.

Feedback and Knowledge Base